Sunday, January 8, 2012

Learning How to Ride a Bicycle


 It was very hard and scary for me to learn or try something new. When I was eight years old, I started to learn how to ride a bicycle. At that time, my friends were able to ride their bicycle, but I wasn't able to ride a bicycle. I wasn't athletic, so I couldn't ride a bicycle, I couldn't ride an inline-stake, and I couldn't swim at all. However, I tried to overcome this.
 At first, my father taught me how to ride a bicycle. My father always said, "At first, move the bicycle with a lot of power. Then, try to keep the balance while riding." However, I couldn't follow my father's advice well. I tried a lot of time but I lost my balance immediately. While trying to ride a bike, I fell down a lot and I hit other people and cars a lot. However, I continued to try to ride a bicycle while following my friends who can ride a bike really well.
 One day, I played with my friend. He was one of my best friends and he was always kind to me. He also taught me how to ride a bicycle very kindly. He pulled me slowly and I was succeeded. After a few days, I could also ride on the corner. I was very happy. After that, I could ride a bicycle really well and I could play with my friends very well.
 By learning how to ride a bike, I could play with my friends very well. But I got more valuable things. I learned how to try   something new, I learned how to wait for something, and I learned how to understand something. Also, I got my self-confidence. After that, I tried to do something new.  

1 comment:

  1. Hyun Wook, I think I can say this one of the best narrative essays I've seen in your class so far. It meets all the criteria: it recreates your experience in learning how to ride a bike, it shows your lesson, the importance of learning and trying something new. One thing I would like to say, however, is that you use the word bicycle too much; it might be better to replace the word with "it" occasionally.

    ReplyDelete